.status-msg-wrap { display: none; } div#ContactForm1 { display: none !important; }

Monday, August 8, 2016

SWG: Make-A-Wish

THIS WEEK'S WORDS come from "Firefly" by Jacqueline Woodson: almost, yesterday, sometimes, shout, caught, firefly, long, time, wish, make, good, park 


 photo 3024776f-496e-4494-8f28-261ef77471c6_zpswmqlcb9s.jpgYesterday evening, while I was walking alone in the Central park. I saw a tiny light on the rose bush. I went closer to see what it was, it was a tiny firefly

When I was a kid, we caught fireflies to make wishes on them. I almost caught this fly but it flew away. My eyes followed the little firefly. I ran towards it, I have a wish I haven't asked for a long time. This time I caught my firefly and gave a happy shout. It was weird for a 70 year old woman to squeal like a 7 year old. But, c'mon its my Make-A-Wish day. I made my wish. I wanted to see my son who hasn't spoken to me for 30 years.

I let that firefly go, and with a small hope I saw its little light fly away. With a sigh, i turned around to see my son, walking through the gates it the park. This coincidence was too good to be true.
I pinched myself, I blinked and peered to confirm if it really was my son or was I hallucinating.
But, it was my sonny boy walking towards me.

Sometimes, wishes do travel in the form of a tiny light

This post is written for Sunday Whirlgig

2 comments:

  1. Make-A-Wish day! I would love one of those. A delighful story.

    Visit Keith's Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keith
      A day like that is actually called Everyday
      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete

Hey, Your comments would encourage me to write more.
Thanks for dropping in this time.